Check out the tuition comparison for the average cost savings for a traditional bachelor's degree by enrolling in a Connection program near you or online:
Northern Arizona University offers two scholarship opportunities to help make transferring to NAU affordable for Maricopa students:
General Transfer Scholarship:
Northern Arizona University’s Extended Campuses Department will award a $1,000 scholarship ($500 in fall/$500 in spring, non-renewable) to a selected Maricopa Community College transfer student on the basis of financial need and a personal statement as described on the application (below). To apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- Admitted into an NAU Extended Campuses program for fall 2015, locally-delivered or online
- 30 credit hours or more earned from a Maricopa Community College – NAU recommends completing an associate’s degree prior to transfer in order to maximize the amount of transferrable credit.
- GPA of 2.5 or better
- Enroll at NAU for a minimum of 6 hours per academic semester
- Submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid-fafsa.ed.gov)
- Deadline to Apply - July 1, 2015 - NAU Scholarship Application
Connect2NAU (joint admission program)Scholarship:
A $1,000 scholarship is offered to all eligible Connect2NAU students transferring to NAU programs in Flagstaff or Extended Campuses. Students must have earned an associate’s degree, have a GPA of 3.5 or better, enroll full time at NAU, and meet credit, residency and progress requirements for Connect2NAU. This scholarship is renewable for one additional term if a 3.25 GPA is maintained at the university, for a maximum of $2,000. To learn more about Connect2NAU joint admission and this scholarship, please contact a local NAU representative.
If you don’t meet the criteria for these scholarships, there are many other financial assistance and scholarship opportunities at NAU for which you may qualify.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Both NAU and Maricopa Community Colleges offer financial aid and payment plans to help you finance your education:
Select your community college when you visit these links: